Thursday, March 20, 2014

10,000 Hours - Art

I've been playing around lately; still doing the realistic-style drawings, the 30-second figure drawings, a drawing from RedditGetsDrawn but I've also been trying to get back in touch with just having fun with the drawing.

One of the things that has really helped is watching tutorials on YouTube for how to do anime-style drawing. It's actually helped me do hair better (not perfect, but better) and get facial proportions!

One of the things I'd like to start doing is making comic strips of some kind or another. A page a day or so, hand-drawn and fun.

The only problem with that is that I need to be able to consistently draw the same thing; draw a face over and over again with little variation.

And that is TOUGH. I can't keep a shape from one drawing to another. I have no idea if all people who are learning to draw go through this but I imagine it's not just me. Right?

This week, then, I'm going to try and practice drawing the same face from day to day, getting it to look generally the same with very little variation, getting the lines just right.

Wish me luck; this is going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment