Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Early Riser

A long time ago I did a weird sleep experiment where I got up very early in the morning after going to bed fairly late. I made sure I got the six hours of sleep that my body tells me it needs to function well but I was going to bed by 10 and getting up at 4 in the morning.

Well, I was insane. Nobody wants to be up quite that early.

That being said, I am trying to make the transition to waking every morning between 6:00 and 6:30. Right now I'm on target with waking between 7:00 and 7:30 even without my alarm and today I was awake at 6:22, 8 minutes before I had set my alarm.

Why?

Truth to be told, I don't have a set good reason for it. I know getting up early means that I'm usually more productive but getting up at 7:30 seems to have been accomplishing that just fine for the past few weeks. I know that getting up earlier usually helps keep me in a better mood during the day but see the previous statement for why that doesn't matter.

Maybe a part of it is that I'd like an hour to myself? The little one wakes up sometime around quarter after seven most mornings or 8 at the latest. That means 2 mornings out of 5 I can do my showering, shaving, medicine and what-not as soon as I get up. On those other 3 mornings I have to wait; often until 11:30, which is her nap time.

Wait.

What that means, I realize as I write this, is that I want to wake up early so that I can take a shower.

Holy crap.

I'm a grownup.

No comments:

Post a Comment