Friday, January 31, 2014

10,000 Hours - Art (NSFW)

There has been a lot of sickness floating around the house lately and business pulling Laura away which has given me less time to do my art. Unfortunately this has given me a lot of great excuses not to get things done the way they should be done and I have spent little to no time drawing.

Until today.

We're healthy again and Laura's returned home. I spent some time drawing, added a to do line on my to do list to draw at least one page of art per day, and am hoping to be back in the swing of things.

One thing for sure? I need to work on hands, feet, and proportions. I actually really like what I did with this particular drawing but after a few seconds of looking at it all I see are the flaws.




I tried to do some water color but absolutely nothing good came of it at this point. I'll keep practicing but I have nothing to share on that end. Maybe I'll do a charcoal drawing and try to capture the hair in water color pencils. That might look nice.

My goals for next week:


  • Draw more hands and feet
  • Practice water colors, especially hair
  • Do at least 10 30-second-long figure gestures per day and one 10 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment