Thursday, February 6, 2014

10,000 Hours - Art


I wish I had more to report here.

My big goal was to draw hands in the past week and I did that. I drew over 50 hands, ranging from 30 second drawings to full on not stopping until I was done drawing, drawings.

I still don't feel comfortable with hands (except maybe when they're balled up into fists - those are easier). They're awkward things at best. I know that if I just keep practicing I'll get better; I'm just getting used to the fact that I need to practice in order to get better.

As for making a watercolor drawing?

The first one I made, I used the wrong pencils and washing it with water only made a wet piece of paper and a very confused me. It took me a while to figure out how I had messed up.

The second one I made isn't even worth discussing at this point.

I think I may need to get better at drawing before I really start branching out into color. I need to learn shading, so that will be my focus this week.

My goals for the next week:


  • Draw 50 feet
  • 10 30-second drawings each day
  • One 10 minute drawing - focus on shading
  • Read about shading techniques

No comments:

Post a Comment