Thursday, June 6, 2013

Angel Oak Tree in Charleston, SC

Angel Oak Wiki

The signs mostly said "Do not climb or carve tree." It's sad people need to be told this.
First, I beg your pardon for the quality of these pictures. I didn't forget my camera but instead accidentally left the memory card in my computer, so these shots are all taken with my phone.

I think the majesty of this amazing Southern Live Oak tree is well-captured, however.

Here are a few shots I took while there. Enjoy!


For some perspective: I am 6' tall, give or take half an inch. (Take)

Many folks say the tree is 1500 years old or more! Science isn't 100% sure on the age, however.

One of the dozens of off-shooting branches being held up by poles.
Look closely and you'll see some local wildlife! (Skink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment